All of our policies are created with our members and program participants in mind. We do not want to restrict participation, but rather make sure that everyone can have a great time at the YMCA and in our programs.
Use of Facilities by Children – Children 14 years and older are allowed to use the facilities without parental supervision during scheduled recreational periods. However, to provide a safe and enjoyable experience, children under 14 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian (18+) unless in an organized, supervised program such as youth sports, cheer, martial arts or swim lessons. In the Healthy Living Center, any child 11 years of age or under is not allowed whether accompanied by an adult or not; 12-13 year-olds must be accompanied by their parent. This is strictly a safety regulation.
Guest Member Privileges – All guests will be subject to guest member fees unless a special guest day is authorized. All guests must provide a photo ID before being permitted into the Lawton Family YMCA.
100% ID Check
Every member 14 years & older will have a code to enter at the Welcome Center. All members must have their picture taken. Please stop by the Welcome Center to get your personal code and your picture taken.
- Athletic shoes, pants/shorts, and Y appropriate shirts must be worn at all times throughout the Lawton Family YMCA. Please do not wear see-through clothing.
- Smoking, alcoholic beverages, and the use of profanity are prohibited on the Lawton Family YMCA grounds.
- Gym bags and personal items must be stored in a locker. Please provide your own lock.
- Please shower before using the pool. Refrain from using the pool with open wounds, bandages, or infectious diseases.
- Any sexual behavior is considered inappropriate and may result in loss of membership.
- Anyone who commits willful damage to the YMCA building, its confines, or equipment will have his/her membership immediately revoked regardless of excuse or length of membership, and at the discretion of the CEO, criminal charges may be filed.
- The Lawton Family YMCA is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items.
Refunds & Cancellations
No refunds given on memberships
Participants may request a full refund should a class/program be cancelled.
Bank Draft Cancellation Policy
The bank draft payment plan will continue unless a YMCA Resignation Notification form is filled out and signed 30 days prior to the next draft.
Returned Check and Bank Draft Policy
A $25 service fee will be charged on all returned checks and bank drafts. Returned checks will not be re-deposited. Membership is cancelled immediately upon notification that the check/bank draft has been returned and will remain cancelled until payment has been collected. A return check will result in cash only transactions thereafter.
This YMCA supports the District Attorney in the Bogus Check Restitution Program. All returned checks are forwarded to the District Attorney’s office for collection 5 working days after notification to the member. If a check is issued on a closed account, the membership is immediately cancelled, and the check is turned over to the District Attorney with no five working day grace period. The member will be notified to contact the District Attorney’s office to make good this transaction. Bank draft returns will be given five (5) working days from date of notification to make good the membership payment. If, after the agreed five days there is no response, joiner fees will be charged to reinstate membership.
Healthy Living Center Policies & Rules
These policies & rules are for your own safety and comfort. Violators will be asked to leave the Healthy Living Center. Rules and regulations are subject to change without notice.
- No open-toe shoes; athletic shoes only
- Place all weights back on the weight tree after use
- Be considerate of others—use common courtesy
- Collars must be used on all free weights
- Wipe off ALL equipment after each use—cleaning solution is provided
- Do not touch the TV’s—TV channels will not be changed
- No loitering in the Healthy Living Center
- Appropriate length shorts must be worn by everyone
- Sport bras are to be worn under an additional opaque top. No see-thru tops or cut-offs
- Cell phone use must comply with the YMCA’s new cell phone policy at all times
- Additional rules & policies are posted in the Healthy Living Center
The YMCA is a safe place for children, adults and families. We believe in protecting the privacy and well-being of all members and guests. With today’s advanced technology in telephone video devices and cameras, our YMCA’s safe environment can be easily compromised. Due to safety issues, the following policies have been put into effect to protect members and guests.
- Members and guests are asked to refrain from using a cell phone camera or any other camera while in the YMCA unless you are photographing an approved YMCA event or competition. Cameras of any kind in the locker rooms, restrooms, saunas, Child Watch, and shower areas are strictly prohibited.
- Members and guests are asked to be considerate of other members while using cell phones for conversations. When it is necessary to receive a call or page, please move to a common area such as the lobby or hallways. Please refrain from making or answering calls while in work out areas of organized classes.
- All cell phones and pagers should be set to silent mode while in the YMCA.
- Members and guests should report any problems relating to others using cameras and cell phones.
- All personal music devices must be used with headphones at an acceptable volume level.
Full Cell Phone Policies & Child Watch Policies can be found here.
The YMCA conducts regular sex offender screenings on all members, participants, and guests. If a sex offender match occurs, the YMCA reserves the right to cancel membership, end program participation, and remove visitation access.
This privacy notice will advise you about our guidelines concerning the use of your personal information.
ALL POLICIES AND GUIDELINES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.