We hire full time, part time, and seasonal staff. Have a specific department or position in mind?
The Y is a cause for strengthening community. That’s why we’re here working with you every day, making sure that everyone in the community has the resources and support needed to learn, grow and thrive. Become a part of our team, work at the Lawton Family YMCA!
- Please print in blue or black ink only
- Make sure to include all applicable information
- Please include your desired job if you do not know the specific job title, include the department
- Please allow 3-5 days for application review
- Check your application for spelling & grammar errors
- OPTIONAL: include & attach personal resume and references (application must still be filled out completely)
- OPTIONAL: include copies of job related certifications, classes, or licenses
- Ask the front desk if it is possible to meet with the department head or person who will be doing the interviewing, it ALWAYS helps to shake their hand and leave a good impression with your application
- There is always the possibility that when you drop your application off, we will ask you to interview immediately, be prepared and dressed for it, if it happens
HELPFUL TIPS WHERE EVER YOU INTERVIEW!
- Be on time (showing up 10 minutes early is perfect, but showing up an hour early may be just as bad as showing up late)
- Dress appropriately & professionally
- if applying to be a group exercise instructor, prepare to be auditioned in front of a class (be ready to teach)
- If applying for a position that may require certifications, bring copies of them to leave with us
- TURN OFF your cell phone
- Do some research about the company & the position you are applying for – relate what you know about the company into your answers
- Prepare a few questions ahead of time that you want to know the answers to – we want to know that you will be a good fit for us, but YOU need to know if we are a good fit for you
- Thank your interviewer, send a thank you note or e-mail within 24 hours to everyone who interviewed you
- Follow up with your interviewer, if a few days have passed and you still haven’t heard from us, feel free to call and ask again about the position (unless we told you it will be longer before we can make any decisions about the position)